Friday, March 28, 2014

You Are the Creator of Your Own Destiny

I'm sure many of you wonder HOW I fit a normal life into my rather busy schedule. And the answer it pretty simple: It isn't easy. I struggle, often. Day in and day out I find myself exhausted and fighting with myself to find the motivation I need to check off everything on my to-do list (it's always a mile long).

At this point in my life I'm dealing with the daily struggle.

I struggle to even get out of bed most mornings as my alarm clock usually gets snoozed twice. I struggle even more to shower each day. And getting cute? Hah! Don't even go there.

But I've realized something very important the past few days. It's important to struggle. I NEED this, I basically thrive from this. Because if I'm not struggling, then I'm not doing enough. I'm 21 years old. I haven't chosen my career, and maybe I never will. I work hard and I try my best to love each and every person the most I can. I try to give my sweet furbabies 10 minutes each morning and 10 minutes each night before bed to simply cuddle and kiss them. I try my best to hangout with Jordan for at least 30 minutes each evening. It isn't a lot, I know that. But it isn't easy for me, either.

Do I wish I could just take a weekend off and do nothing every once in awhile? Sure. But when I get more than one day off at a time I find myself completely and utterly bored. I have to keep busy! I need to stay motivated to build a future for myself.

All this ridiculous business isn't going to be around forever. It's simply a sacrifice for my own future. I'm often asked, "Why do you work four jobs? Do you need to? Does your husband not work?" And that's so frustrating to me. Because my answer is this: No, I do not NEED to work four jobs. My husband is a Marine who makes decent money. I choose to work four jobs because I want a bright future for myself and for my future children. I choose to work four jobs because I expect great things of myself.

And still, people don't understand. Most never will. 

My message is this: whatever it is that motivates you each and every day to be the best you or to reach whatever goals you may have, don't let anyone stop you. Don't even let others question you. You'll find struggles along the way, just as I do each day, but one day it will all pay off. 



No comments:

Post a Comment