Friday, March 21, 2014

Bangerz Review

Let me start by saying, PLEASE don't judge me. I am a huge "hater" of Miley's. I do not in any way support her lifestyle or the way she carries herself. And I'm really not a fan of much of her music (love her Hannah stuff still).  My husband got tickets for FREE so we decided why not. Also, I'm beyond sick right now, but I HAVE to have this posted today, just to let you all know how crazy it was!

So, the concert was supposed to begin at 7:00, but we thought there were 2 openers so assumed she wouldn't be on until around 9:00- so we didn't get there until 8:45. Apparently we missed about 4 songs, but I'm pretty sure we didn't miss anything "good." 

As we walked into the forum I heard singing and 100% thought it was a man... it was Miley. We got to our seats and as she is singing "Adore You" (I've never heard this song) the camera is going around taking footage of girls kissing girls everywhere. So weird. And inappropriate. And weird. And this is of course after I've argued with a group of 6 girls that they were in our seats (her fans are NUTS).

After this I can't really remember what order her songs went. But plenty of other really weird things happened. At one point there were a lot of humans dressed in colorful furry animal costumes twerking and such. 

Other strange dancers consisted a group of black women who wore only black thongs but had their legs painted red and white- I think. They were dancing to "23" while Miley twerked along and managed to rap even the Juicy J parts. 

At one point she moved to the center stage that is located in the middle of the forum and took an Instagram video of all of her fans so they would, "get off their cell phones and pay attention."  She then continued her performance there by singing a cover of Bob Dylan's "It Ain't Me Babe." Just slightly different from her normal singing "style." She then followed this cover by another cover: Dolly Parton's "Jolene." THIS was my favorite part. She did AMAZING. I loved the entire song SO SO much! Definitely different, but it made my entire night seem worth being there.

OH! And she road a giant wiener. She hopped on this giant hot dog that was covered in a bun and rode it up in the sky while still singing. This was obviously entirely irrelevant to her music, but her fans went insane. 

Finally it was time for her closing song, Wrecking Ball. The first line sounded good... then she stopped for the second. And instead of singing the third she just said, "Oops, I spaced out." WHAT. Must have been the Molly, or whatever drugs she uses these days. 

But of course as soon as she exits the stage half of the fans sprinted outside. The other half, however, began to chant: "USA!, USA!, USA!, USA!, USA!" And at this point I'm finding myself to be super angry. I'm thinking, "Miley Cyrus is not something you chant USA about. She is not a worthy figure to represent our country. How dare you all." 

And suddenly it makes sense...

She rises back up on stage to sing It's A Party in the USA! So, I'm obviously pretty excited until I realize she's still dressed terribly terrible (everything was showing most of the night) and even halfway through the song she randomly rapped a bit. So that was weird. And at the very end the camera zooms in on her face, and she smiles a HUGE smile. Why, you may ask, why does this matter? Because she's wearing the fake "hillbilly" teeth you get in a child's playroom along with a wig similar to the one she wore in Hannah Montana. She was practically mocking her old self, and right here, I felt terribly sad for her. 

Who hates who they are enough to make fun of themselves? Nobody hated Miley Cyrus when she was Hannah Montana, except for Miley Cyrus apparently. She changed who she was 100% to avoid being the sweet, southern girl she was raised to be. 

Totally besides the point, though. Overall the concert was MUCH better than what I anticipated. Anybody who was a Miley Cyrus fan last night loved every second, she just isn't my style in anyway, so I'm pretty biased. Jordan (my husband) and I had a really good time though! I'm glad we went and got to experience something so outside our lifestyle.

Here are some pictures:

One of her MANY outfits


Jord kept acting like he was going to throw me over to her, ahh!


Half of our group!

Hope you all enjoyed! It's something I'd definitely recommend doing if it were free. And also something I'd recommend never spending money on haha.

Xoxo,
B!

No comments:

Post a Comment