Saturday, November 22, 2014

Important Life Update

As many of you know, Jordan (my husband) has had a pretty shotty back for awhile now.

This past February he was finally diagnosed (after 1+ years of pain) with having two slipped discs, an annual tear and nerve damage in the lower portion of his back.

Since then he has undergone physical therapy, steroid treatments and numerous visits to a chiropractor. Unforatuntely he hasn't made any recovery, and he finds himself constantly in pain.

This coming Tuesday, November 25 he will be undergoing back surgery at the Laser Spine Institute in North Tampa. From my understanding they will be shaving off parts of his lowest disk in hopes of relieving some of the inflamation, which could allow the disks to slip back into place.

However, it is likely that after this surgery he will be undergoing a second in the near future. 

Anyway, my point is this: we could use all the positive vibes, thoughts and prayers you have to offer.

I'm not so worried about the surgery as I am the recovery period and the results of the surgery. Back surgeries are always dangerous, of course, but I'm truly hoping this will be his only surgery and that he will find much relief. 

Also, I will be the one taking care of him in between all of my jobs and school and I'm very worried about making enough time for studying and life in general while he recovers. 

I'm sure everything will be fine, everything is just a bit stressful currently.

As always, thanks for reading and thanks in advance for all of those positive thoughts!

Xoxo,
   B!

No comments:

Post a Comment