Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Why You Hate the Holidays

First- let me start by saying thank you all for all of the wonderful, kind words you sent our way yesterday as Jordan was undergoing surgery. Everything went well & they actually did BOTH levels on his back so he wouldn't have to go back (this is very rare, but awesome). He's definitely in some pain today (as expected) but he is up and walking, and in high spirits. If this continues he should have a great recovery!

& now, onto the important stuff (;

I pretty much consider myself to be one of Santa's helpers-
I LOVE Christmas and everything about the holidays, seriously. Well, except traffic. Nobody likes traffic.

But I've noticed how many people truly dislike Christmas and everything it stands for (not including Jesus Christ) because obviously people care about that part.

I'm referring to: Christmas music, Christmas decorations, Christmas cheer, Christmas shopping, Christmas everything. 

And so I asked myself, "Why?"

I don't understand how someone could not like Christmas.

Afterall, it IS the happiest season of all.
It is the season of giving- giving thanks, giving goods, giving love and giving memories.

Really important things if you ask me.

After much thought and consideration I think I've figured it out.

The reason(s) you hate Christmas is because:

  • You're a procrastinator. If you wait until two weeks before Christmas to start your shopping, OF COURSE you hate Christmas. I mean, how stressful is that? Extremely. I should probably be ashamed, but I'm not- I started Christmas shopping in February this year. Yes, as in less than two full months after the last Christmas passed. And guess what? Here I am, before Thanksgiving, and almost ALL of my shopping is done (My list this year contains 58 people).
  • You don't donate. Now, I'm not saying everyone is able to donate $10/mo. to a great cause, etc. But what I am saying is that when you go through the line at Dollar Tree and they ask if you'd like to donate a gift for a child in need (all items are $1.00) and you say no, that you just don't understand what the season is about. GIVING. The season is about giving, and a dollar could do a lot for one child's Christmas.
  • You don't decorate. Decorations are literally what create the Christmas environment in homes, businesses and in the streets. Want a truly magical Christmas? Decorate! P.S. the Dollar Tree has incredibly adorable items, all for $1.00. I'll be making a post here soon about some DIY crafts for Christmas this year. I should sort of include that you should watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music (; It's good for the soul!
  • You love getting gifts. I've sort of said it before- it's the season of giving! This means you have to love to give gifts more than you love receiving gifts. This is me! I'm such a cheerful giver & I love nothing more than to make others happy and give them things they'll love. P.S. homemade gifts are awesome also! My husband's family always does a "girl's gift" which is to be a homemade gift from each girl to each girl. How fun, right?!
Now, I understand there are other reasons that people hate the holidays. Family issues, mostly. I get that. At the same time, the holidays will be here year after year, and there's no true way around them. Why not make the best of the season and embrace as much of the joy & happiness that you can?

Now get into the holiday spirit and start making wonderful memories with friends and loved ones- you completely control your happiness (especially on the holidays)!




Xoxo,
   B!

No comments:

Post a Comment