Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy First Day of Spring!


Once more, Spring has arrived! I know it's still rather chilly in many parts of the country, but here in sunny Florida we are feeling WONDERFUL with a high of 77 today, thank goodness! And my fingers are crossed that warm weathers makes it way to everyone else sooner than later!

On this beautiful Spring day I have found myself pretty ill, though. I missed school this morning in hopes of sleeping my sickness away, but unfortunately I've had no luck. 

However, I'm not letting it get me down! Because today is also International Day of Happiness! So today, in between naps I've been very productive (: I fixed our garage door that has been "broken" all week- it only needed a hidden outlet to be reset. Which is awesome, because I was moments away from calling an electrician to come out, which I'm sure would have cost me an arm and a leg just to have them look.

And more importantly our pool is almost ready! We let it go over the winter months and only a week ago hired a pool guy to get it all clean for us. It's officially blue, just has a little algae in the bottom that needs vacuumed up! Yay (: 

Lastly, I've began my Spring cleaning! & I'm going to share my checklist with you! If you haven't started, it's definitely not too late, Spring has just arrived (: I'm sure I've missed some things, but it's a good start!

In addition to the list below I think starting a garden outside & adding plants inside the home is a super cute touch of Spring along with adding Spring candles/Scentsy warmers (I just ordered the egg one today!)



Spring Cleaning
  1.   Clean all ceiling fans
  2.   Clean off all pictures
  3.   Dust EVERYWHERE!
  4.   Pull out all furniture and vacuum thoroughly
  5.   Clean out refrigerator
  6.   Clean out stove
  7.   Scrub bathrooms
  8.   Scrub tile grout
  9.   Scrub all molding  (where floor meets walls, or ceiling)
  10.               Clean out each closet
  11.               Clean out each cabinet
  12.               Wash all Spring/Summer clothes
  13.               Pack up all winter clothes
  14.               Organize all closets/dressers
  15.               Organize all cabinets/pantries
  16.               Vacuum everywhere
  17.               Mop/Steam the floors beautifully!
  18.               Brighten up your home! (I have Spring place mats, a spring wreath and spring window stickers!)
  19.               Clean all window frames & windows
  20.               Clean out/organize your garage/storage

Please remember to donate all items that are in fair condition! 


Xoxo, 
  B

2 comments:

  1. Yay for blue swimming pools :) -Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I'm so excited to be able to swim again (:

      Delete