Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hello 6 AM, So We Meet Again


I can't be the only one who has felt this has been the LONGEST week ever. Tell me you're all right there with me, please? I need this reassurance because I feel like I'm losing my mojo.

After arriving home from work at 12:30 a.m. this morning I set my alarm which read I'd receive a whopping 5 hours & 14 minutes of sleep if I fell asleep at that moment. If you were wondering, I didn't. So 4.5 short hours later I awoke to my alarm vibrating off the nightstand. Bzzzzzzzzzzz, thump. 


"Ugh," I thought. I got up anyways, with thoughts that my day would be nothing more than a disaster  as I quickly decided to skip a shower. Gross, I know. I snatched my "work" bag and purse and dashed out the door. My body ached something terrible through class as the rain outside drenched everything it could reach. "Seriously, bad day," I kept thinking to myself. But then, things changed. Quickly.

I heard someone ask me for a catalog across the room. She placed an order. I walked across the street to deliver some previous orders all packaged and bowed- 3 other people placed an order. From school I met a bar customer of mine to give him his order- he then placed another order. And right in this moment I realized something. 

Life is spectacular. I mean, I of course already knew that. But today especially I needed to be reminded just how spectacular things can be. I wasn't thankful for waking up this morning, I was a selfish brat who was upset that it was raining because my back ached a bit. There are so many people who don't have the opportunity to wake up each day and GET to go to school, and worse, many who don't have roofs to take cover from the rain. And yet, even with my poor morning attitude my day turned out to be great. This makes me more than thankful for the life I have and the opportunities I'm privileged to have each day.

xoxo,
  Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment