Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The In-between Times

So, let's face it- I work a lot.
I'm aware, you're aware, my family is aware & mostly my husband is aware.
I say mostly because, well, he definitely gets the short-end of the stick a lot of the time.

And you know that emotional roller-coaster that seems to exist in every relationship?
It doesn't go away once you tie the knot (shocking, I know).

Just like every other couple, whether young, old, homosexual or heterosexual my husband & I are faced with obstacles each day that directly affect the way our relationship goes. And sometimes we make poor decisions. We even let each other down occasionally, make one another feel forgotten, and cry ourselves to sleep sometimes because things don't feel "right." 

That's only the bad part.

With the good, comes the bad, right? So let me focus a little more on the in-between times. The positives.
This includes the 15 minutes we have together most nights before we decide we must go to sleep if we plan on making it through the next day without destroying our careers.

This includes our jam-packed days filled with laughter, good food and perfect company that occur only twice a month when I have entire days off.

The evenings I have "off" from leaving the house, but still have to work at home- that's a wonderful part of the in-between times. 

I'll even include the (maybe) 15 texts we get to send back and forth each day simply trying to keep conversation passing back and forth so we don't let the other feel forgotten. And trust me, 15 texts is a lot to get in when you're working 2-4 jobs a day plus school. 

We aren't perfect, none of us. We're all just working to find the things in life that make us happy. It's so easy to get caught up in finding the things that make us happy that sometimes we forget to enjoy the things we already have in life.

I'm so guilty of pressing for a bright future that I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it to where I want to be. This includes never having down time, getting to simply hang-out and even taking time away from my relationship.

Situations are what you make of them, though. I'm often judged and criticized for working so hard and so often. Yet, I truly enjoy working. It's one of the things in my present that truly make me happy, that makes me feel accomplished. 

At the end of the day there will always be the in-between times. Sure, not everyday is filled with positive in-between times. In fact, some are filled hatred, hurtful words and jealousy. 

It's up to us to choose how we spend our time together and our time apart in both friendships and relationships. We need to support one another, understand one another and enjoy our in-between times together.

May you all find happiness in your in-between times <3



Xoxo,
    B!

No comments:

Post a Comment