Tuesday, April 15, 2014

5

Hello, lovelies!

So sorry I haven't been posting lately, but I'm still here! 

Life has been even crazier than usual, and I truly haven't had ANY time to be on the computer "playing around."

Quick update for the past week:

Monday, April 7th: I had a doctor's appointment for my annual woman check up. It was horrible. Any stranger sticking their fingers in my you-know-what just makes any event awful for me. And to top it off we were having AC issues- but thankfully we were in a cool front. $200 later we had 8 lbs. of free-on added to our system and icy cold air coming out of our vents (but were told we would need a new AC in the near future, sigh).

Tuesday, April 8th: My poor hubby underwent his first treatment of steroid shots. I felt it was a little too soon into my blog to get into the details of that, but here it goes. About 2 months ago my husband finally got his doctor on base to order him an MRI after he's been complaining about back pain for TWO YEARS. The results were pretty sucky: 2 slipped disks, an annual tear and nerve damage in his lower back. And so, there we were. He is undergoing two treatments of these steroid treatments in the next couple of months. Sadly, though, his pain has actually worsened since the shots ):

Wednesday, April 9th: Ugh. I read 214 pages of my Nutrition Education in hopes of acing my mid-term that would come tomorrow, Thursday. I was up late, and felt pretty confident.

Thursday, April 10th: By 9 a.m. all confidence was destroyed. I did very poorly on my exam (I just got my grade back today, finally) and overall had a rough day. Also- this is where 5 comes into play. I received a call that day, with yet another job offering. And I took it. So yes, that makes 5 jobs now. Am I crazy or just crazy? Help me, someone. Teach me to say no! We had our first meeting that night, things went well.

Friday, April 11th: Stressful stressful day. Personal Assisting from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. then back to the restaurant to help get the kitchen organized and such. Did I forget to mention the restaurant is brand new?! TONIGHT IS OUR FIRST NIGHT BEING OPEN! Any way, I stayed until about 6:30, then made my way home. My husband had a soccer game that I planned on skipping because I still hadn't written my blogs for my actual job that were due on Sunday (crap!) But, you guessed it, I got pressured into going to the game. So a few hundred mosquito bites later, along side MANY distractions I surprisingly finished my blogs!

Saturday, April 12th: MY DAY OFF! What a day, let me just tell you. Thankfully the house was decently clean because I had NO FREE time. Hubby and I went and saw Captain America at 9:45 a.m. IT WAS AMAZING<3. But immediately after we ran to Sam's club where we bought a brand new hybrid gas/charcoal grill along with most of the food for our cookout/swim party we were having at 3! Nothing like last minute, right? (; The party was super fun though! There was lots of pool pong, pool volleyball, beer pong and beach volleyball. And once more, PLENTY of mosquitoes. The bad news: our AC officially went out while everyone was here. Our house was HOT ):

Sunday, April 13th: I worked literally ALL day. I was managing at restaurant number 1 and during my break finally posted all the blogs I had written on Friday night, whew. 

Monday, April 14th: Happy birthday to my beautiful mom! I still haven't even sent out her gift yet, terrible, I know. Also, crazy day. I stayed after class for 3 hours to work on this terrible group project that I thought was due next Tuesday that is actually due THIS Thursday, ugh. I had another meeting at 5:30 to help train our new servers, practice serving friends and family and to get our schedules and work shirts.

Tuesday, April 15th: Yay, today, finally! Got my mid-term test back this morning. Worst test grade I've had since 9th grade Algebra with Mr.Fisher. I received a terrible 75, yes 75 on my test. Very disappointing, but I'm preparing for my final now. I rushed home, showered, wrote a work blog, I'm currently writing to you all (: and I still need to get dressed, run a Scentsy order to a lady in Tampa and I work tonight at 5!! Very first official shift and I'm actually very nervous. This is my first time ever actually opening a restaurant with inexperienced cooks and servers. Needless to say, life has been BUSY. 

Thanks for hanging around, I'll try to post as much as I can, but things aren't looking to slow down much in the near future. Hope you all are having a fabulous week so far!

Xoxo,
   B!

Here's what Jordan looked like in pre-op 


No comments:

Post a Comment