Monday, April 21, 2014

Back to Me!

What a completely insane week I've had! 

I worked at least 12 hours every single day last week, and let me tell you, no bueno. I've completely lost my voice for 3 days now ):

I'm sure it has a LOT to do with exhaustion, but I'm trying my best not to let it get me down.

As of Thursday night my voice was practically gone, and as I awoke Friday I realized it wasn't coming back anytime soon. I finally had time to go to the ER on Saturday night/Sunday morning 2:15 after I had gotten off work and gotten my hubby to take me. And of course after getting different answers from each nurse & doctor I spoke with they wrote me a prescription for a Z pack and some cough medicine and called it a day.

Jordan & I finally made our way back home around 5:00 a.m.- we were both completely exhausted at this point. And of course we were both up by 10 on Sunday morning. I, however, took advantage of having the day off as I slept on and off ALL DAY. I still felt completely terrible and it was beyond annoying to even try to speak as it hurt and took a ton of effort to even push words out (most of the time I had to repeat myself). 

I finally laid down for the night around 11:00 p.m. and literally slept in until 11:00 a.m. today. Can I just say how thankful I am that I had the day off?! I worked a couple of hours finishing up a HUGE school project that is due in the morning and finally got the house together.

When hubby got home we went out for dinner and drinks (: It was much needed. This was our first night together (besides the hospital) in almost TWO WEEKS. Crazy, I know! We had a very nice time (:

Now he's showering, I'm sipping on some (more) hot tea & we're next going to cuddle up and catch up on Game of Thrones!(: 

The good news is that I'm feeling MUCH better, definitely still feel like crap, and could use another day of rest but I have Spring Break next week which means lots of down time. Needless to say, I'll be okay (;

If ever I get 10 minutes to myself I'll write something a little more interesting- something more personal and specific. But not today. I don't have the time OR energy. Just didn't want you all to think I'd forgotten about you :*

Xoxo,
    B!

No comments:

Post a Comment