Thursday, May 1, 2014

Mini Vacay Recap! ~

I've been on Spring Beak this week, and let me tell you, it has FLOWN by.

I think I'm depressed knowing I'll be back in school full-time in only 4 short days.
And I'm even more depressed knowing that I have school ALL SUMMER long, which is horrible.

The positive side of Spring Break? Getting away for only a short while.

I convinced my husband to take a day and a half off work so we could have ourselves a little mini vacation. No exaggeration when I say mini.

It was the most spontaneous thing we've ever done, and it was perrrrrfect<3

On Monday morning I texted everyone I worked with to get my Monday night & Tuesday night shifts covered- & after a long and stressful wait for texts back I finally had both covered around 4:30 Monday afternoon (thank you again Becca & Maddie!) And off we went!

But, we didn't even have a hotel reservation.
I had planned to go to the Florida Keys. This is the beach with the whitest sand (cool, also) and some of the clearer waters in Florida. And I've heard it's a BLAST- so we went.

When we arrived, we were confused. We couldn't find a single hotel ON THE BEACH.
It was the strangest thing, ever. They literally didn't have any ocean-front hotels. So, what's the point?

So we decided to sit in a parking lot and do some research, because there was NO way I wasn't waking up on the water Tuesday morning (sometimes I'm a brat, I know).

So we decided to drive another 15 minutes and landed ourselves in Longboat Key, FL! We stayed at this "resort" that was more of a motel than anything. And thank goodness we are Florida residents because we only paid $170 a night when they originally were wanting $269- I would have canceled our reservation once I saw the place and we paid that much, seriously. I actually cried when we pulled up because it looked so dumpy.

But 15 minutes later I was happy. They had an awesome pool, we were right on the water and they had the cutest little tiki hut, delicious food & room service. The employees were all super sweet also!



We laughed, loved & boozed quite a bit. It was PERFECT<3

I've been working like a mad woman lately & Jordan and I haven't had anytime down time together. Our mini getaway was just what we needed!

We somehow managed to spend $700 in our day and a half vacation, and Jordan was rather sun-burnt, but it was definitely worth it. In fact, we're already planning our next get away. 



Everyone needs to just get away every once in awhile (:

All of the other photos are on Jordan's phone- but I'll post them in a separate link later {:

No comments:

Post a Comment