Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Scrub Life

Let's start here: I"m a slacker, I know.
I DO apologize for the lack of posts & short/crappy posts when I finally do!

But I'm here, for today at least. Hopefully tomorrow too!

Now, let's talk scrub life.

As of January of this year I've officially began my "core" classes in college. While I had tons of issues with my professor I kept my mouth shut and did the best I could. The first two classes I got by with a B (which sucks, because I'm an A student). And sure, it's wrong to blame others when you have short-comings, but I truly blame the teacher. I had a 4.0 all the way up until my second Chemistry class (November of last year), and my professor was also a poor teacher then, but I still managed to get a B in the class.

Last class, the teacher (who also happens to be the program director), wasn't able to teach our class- as she was preparing for a visit from the federal board to be sure our program is still accredited. Which REALLY sucked, as we got stuck with the same poor professor from January & February's class and she knew NONE of the material. Long story short.. I received my first C ever.

I should have cried.

But I didn't.

Embarrassed? I normally would be. Yet, I'm not.

I'm somehow happy with that C. 

As a perfectionist it's difficult to not be perfect, and not be that A student. If it's not an A, might as well be a C though, right? Perhaps that's a poor way to look at things for many. Obviously a C isn't good, except for those students who don't do well in school- those D students. Those people, they would be stoked to have gotten a C in a class, especially a college class.

So what does that make me a bad student? A D-student?

Well, of course not.

I've decided it's a part of me growing up, becoming a bit more wise. I've learned, quickly, that sure I'd LOVE to get an A in every class, but I'm not perfect. If I could somehow focus only on college I'm 99.9% sure I'd still have that 4.0 GPA I've dreamt of since childhood. 

However, I work a lot. To the point where I've lost all track of days, dates and times for that matter. All I know is go, go go! & I'm fine with that. I'm happy to know that I'm supporting myself (not that my husband doesn't have a stable job and income) in a way that I can both pass a class in school while working all the time and still manage to afford a $700 2-day vacation if I so desire!

WHY is it so frowned upon to only have an average grade in a class? How was I one of those people who has thought the exact same thing my entire life? After all, once college is over I won't be asked "What what your GPA while attending high school, your community college and your university?" That's unrealistic. What is realistic is knowing that the moment I graduate I'll be prepared to start paying back my student loans, and I'll be ready to use the information I learned by working hands-on and not through answering direct questions from an out-dated textbook. 

For once I feel like something almost devastating has worked out favorably for me, and I must say, I feel much less pressure now knowing that I've hit a "low-point" that can't be un-done.

Sometimes we just have to let go a little, learn to have fun and care a little less<3


Excuse my dirty hair, poor angle & disgusting green scrubs :P

Xoxo,
   B!

No comments:

Post a Comment