Thursday, May 29, 2014

Here to Stay?

I know I haven't posted in FOREVER, but I'm back & here to stay... I hope.

Life has been CRAZY lately.
I know I mentioned I picked up a fifth job, but I don't think I mentioned that it is at minimum 3 days a week from 5-11/1 (depending)
Then I had this new class last month where my professor gave us the sweet privilege of quizzes each day, homework most nights & SEVEN case studies to complete in one month with little direction. They only took about 6 hours each to complete at the beginning.
My husband's birthday was a couple of week's ago, I had work.
So to make up for missing his birthday we went on a mini vacation! Disney, ESPN World of Sports, Movies, Zoo, Beachin' & Relaxation
Did I mention life has been crazy?!

But fun, actually.

There's so much I want to share with you all, and so many sweet, sweet stories but I don't even know where to begin!

Let's start................                                                                                                              

                                                             




                                                                                                                                Here.

This past Friday I received a phone call I've been needing for awhile now; regardless I didn't even know I  needed it. Complicated, I know. My boss texted me early in the afternoon and asked that I call him to talk business. Nothing too alarming considering we're always discussing new clients, changes, etc. 

As I answer the phone I first apologized for not filling out my time-card (it's online) in the past, oh, month or so. Because seriously, I haven't had time. At all. And as I go there, he's very understanding. Most people in my life know I'm busy as I don't return their texts, phone calls, e-mail, etc. I sometimes don't really exist at all. I just live in a hectic schedule of run-arounds and trying my best not to be late over and over again. I'm only social due to my never-ending shifts as a server/bartender.

But he sighs.. "I've called to ask you something, but I feel I've found the answer." I reply, "What's that?" "Is there anyway you can start coming to the office 1-2 days a week?" I almost pee myself laughing. There's clearly NO way I have time for that since I'm in school everyday until 1, which is an hour from my house, and also another hour from the office in separate direction. He already knows. And so, he let's me go as a contractor. There's no great dialogue for me to share with you because we get each other- he wants to expand, I want to simply breathe. And as I hang up the phone I feel sudden happiness take-over my body.

For almost 2 years now I've had a no-vacation job. An internet job. You know the kind of job that MAKES you take your laptop with you on vacation so you can constantly check your e-mail, write blogs and post social media. THAT WAS ME. I haven't had a real vacation in that long because nobody else is there to do my job for me. 

The real kicker? I wasn't going to call him back until Tuesday (after my mini vacation that I planned on working diligently through the entire time). I GOT MY FIRST REAL VACATION in what seems forever and I had never felt more relaxed or at peace with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment