Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The military life has been.. frustrating for us. 

Sure, it could have been worse in many, many ways. 

But we've moved A LOT. 

And it never really seems to end. Living day-to-day not knowing when your husband is going to be out of a job or shipped across the country is stressful. 

Thankfully we've been lucky enough to be in FL for two years now (barely officially). 

However, tomorrow we will find out whether or not Jordan will be living here for at least the next 6 months (at least) or if he'll be moved to Cincinnati.

I couldn't help but feel my eyes fill with tears as I overheard his Gunny through the phone, saying, "Well we aren't really sure what's going on. But, as of today it seems a lot more likely than yesterday that you'll be in Cincinnati."

And so, we wait.

Our situation is much more complicated than any active duty story you'll ever hear. Well, I can't necessarily say that- the military does a lot of crazy things to people.

My husband's orders are strange. He's a reservist that was activated over 3 years ago and each year he has gotten extended (though the first year they forgot about us for awhile and he was out of a job for a couple of months, unpaid). BUT his reserve unit is not here in Florida, but in Cincy instead.

He is still considered an Ohio resident and that is where his reserve unit is. And so, when he gets extended, if they can't afford to send him somewhere they get to keep him- and trust me, they want him there. This isn't the first battle we've had.

We just aren't sure if we'll win this time.

However, I will say that Florida is our H O M E. We've bought a house here and for two years now we've gotten to live together and come home to each other every night, even if it is 1 a.m. by the time I'm home from work. 

My mind is worried and my heart is sad.

And still, worrying will do no good as we have no control over this situation.

I'm hoping to know more tomorrow. We will see. If there is news I'll post here.

In the mean time all the positive thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.



Xoxo,
     B~

No comments:

Post a Comment