Friday, October 17, 2014

Craigslist: A Hopeful Let Down

Let's have a little Craigslist chat.

I'll start by saying, I never use Craigslist, with the exception of, "Crap today is our friend's birthday where her party is at the Jason Aldean concert, I surprisingly don't have work, and now I need last-minute tickets, and still I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for what were $40 tickets."

So, you get it. We've all been there before, I'm sure.

And as much as I do like Jason Aldean, they're LAWN seats. As in, they should be cheap- but everyone is trying to make some serious money because other idiots are willing to pay.

For THREE days now I've been searching rather diligently through Stubhub, Ticketmaster, etc. And finally, out of desperation I turned to Craigslist.

Today, I saw a post "Two Jason Aldean tickets $50 each for lawn seats"

I pretty much screamed of excitement on the inside. I texted the number very quickly, with the reply of, "Yes," they still had them. YAY MEEEE! So I reply, "I'll take them!"

A few texts we go back and forth... she lives about 45 minutes away. I inform her I work until 1 but will leave immediately and head her way. She's going to give me an address for a nearby Starbucks to her for us to (exciting, because that means I'm not getting raped or murdered, ya know?).

Anyway she's replies, "I'll check the physcial address in a sec."

And that's it.

This, by the way, is AFTER she's texting me checking that I'm positive I want them and that I'm coming because she has two others interested.

I text back letting her know I may be able to leave earlier.. no response. So I finally text her one last time nearly 40 minutes after her last text. I say, "If you're bailing please let me know so I can start looking for other tickets now /:" 

I said it kindly, but deep inside I wanted to say something more along the lines of, "Don't be a rude bitch. If you already sold the tickets to someone else just f*****g tell me." But I didn't Even though I already knew something was up.

Ahh... finally a response. 


And it makes sense. Because if my life could be summed up by a single photo this is the one.

Hands down.

My kind of luck. Or she was a lying B! Either way. NOT HAPPY.

In fact, I'm super sad. Because now I can't find any other tickets ): Boooooo!

Moral of the story: Craigslist, and the type of people I associate with Craigslist are the reason I avoid Craigslist!

P.S. I know I said Craigslist a lot there. It seemed necessary.

P.S.S. AVOID CRAIGSLIST WHEN AT ALL POSSIBLE

P.S.S.S I shouldn't have shown her number.. but I'm too lazy to edit right now. So don't go harassing the poor, stupid woman, please.

Xoxo,
   B!

No comments:

Post a Comment