Friday, August 15, 2014

Fall, so Soon?

Living in Florida has taught me quite a bit:
  • Avoid beaches at all costs on: every. single. holiday.
  • You don't have to smile and be friendly when you're sopping in sweat.
  • Deodorant is necessary. Always. Winter time? Wear deodorant. 
  • You've never really seen flooding until you've been here for an entire July.
  • Air conditioning is important. Unless death sounds appealing, of course.
  • Carry a beach bag in your vehicle always (one of my favorite things I've learned).
  • Carry an umbrella with you everywhere from June-August.
  • Outside events are only {truly} fun from September-March, unless you <3 sweat
  • So it rained.. don't expect it to cool off, unless...
FALL IS COMING.

Something helpful, I'd say. 

Generally when it rains in the June, July and even beginning of August months you'll get a quick storm or sprinkle followed by a laser beam of sunshine two seconds later. The temperature doesn't drop, the storm doesn't last all day and well, you still know it's summer.

Today, however, things are different.

When I woke up at 5:30 a.m. it was storming. And here we are, 3:30 p.m. and that storm is still hanging around, sprinkling, thundering, lightning, down-pouring. It has an entire cycle.

Luckily on my way to work I missed the rain (barely), but on my way home I wasn't so lucky. I felt the rain.

The cold, piercing rain. The no-longer-summer-rain. And not a peep of sunshine in the sky. Also, no use of AC today! Are we sure I'm still in Florida? 

It's still summer though, and come tomorrow {probably} summer will be back for awhile and the light beams from our beautiful sky will continue to attack our pale human bodies with extreme UV rays, thank goodness.

Still though, it's a sign. Fall is definitely on it's way, which means it's time to start prepping for fall activities. Not too soon, of course. My mom will be visiting next week and we're still going to be celebrating in the pool and at the beach.

I did, however, find these ADORABLE Halloween decorations at the Dollar Tree by my house. Each was only a dollar!! How cute?!



























Xoxo,
   B!

No comments:

Post a Comment