Thursday, August 14, 2014

Turning A House Into A Home

Jordan & I bought our house when we were young.
I was only 19 and he was 21.
So, really young.

At first it was the most EXCITING thing, ever. I felt so proud of myself and overjoyed with how much I loved my house.

But quickly, the new wore off and I was ready to move.
I actually hated our home.

Everywhere I turned I felt disgusted by the look of my house.
It got pretty bad.
Only living in our house a year I begged Jordan to move again and try to rent out our house.
I actually cried at one point because I hated our house so much.

How stupid, right?
But I couldn't help myself.
I thought it was ugly, falling apart and I didn't feel like dealing with it.

Boy, was I wrong.

It turns out I never really hated our house.
Instead, I just hated the fact that all of our walls were bare, we had little to no home decor and most of the cheap furniture I had bought trying to "save money" had fallen apart or began to look worn already.

Our house was just a house.
Not a home.
We needed some TLC in our home.
So, about a year ago I began. Room-by-room, wall-by-wall I began to really kick things into gear.
It wasn't easy, and it definitely was NOT cheap.

I even had to buy a new couch and dining room table along with multiple accent pieces. And pictures? Oh, I have purchased SOOOO many pictures. 

But today, I've finally reached a point where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
My house has finally turned itself into a HOME!
It's way more exciting than I ever thought it would be.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm finally growing up or what- but almost overnight I've gone from being completely over buying clothes and other unnecessary items to putting every purchase towards our house! And it's a wonderful feeling!

I'm thinking this week I'll start posting some photos to show everyone (:

Next week my new patio furniture will be coming and I'm hoping it's as cute in person and it is online. Eeeks, I'm excited!

My newest project? A rather large inspiring piece. I can't show you quite yet, but here is a sneak peek:



Any guesses as to what I'm up to? (;

Xoxo,
   B!

No comments:

Post a Comment