Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Learning to Have Fun

It's not that I'm a dull person, I have tons and tons of stories to tell-most of which you wouldn't even believe to be true.

It's not even that I don't enjoy having a good time: sleeping in, drinking casually, doing ridiculous things every once in awhile, breaking the rules occasionally, vacationing, simply doing nothing for the day. 

It comes down to this: I've created such high expectations for myself that I forget to enjoy life sometimes. I need to be a straight A student, who can support herself on one income and still own nice things while doing whatever she wants.

Last week I took off work for 2 days, didn't study for a final exam and took a 6 day vacation (with some work in-between, but still!) that's much over-due. The last time I had a real vacation was when I was 17. I'm 21 years old this year, 21 people! That means that in 4 years I haven't had an entire week (close enough) to simply not caring about reality and enjoying life 100%.

This terrifies me.

I don't wanna be that dull, workaholic who doesn't have fun. That person who literally forgets what it's like to not care, just for a second.

And so I've decided- I'm going to learn to have fun. Starting last week.



I'm back down to 4 jobs, and I've dropped evening shifts from 5 nights a week to 3 nights a week with ZERO closing shifts!

On Sunday I worked a 13 hour shift and so when I awoke Monday morning, needing to get ready for school, I instead sent my teacher a text letting her know I wasn't feeling well and wouldn't be in class that day. It was the first day of a new class, I would normally NEVER do this. But I was tired. And instead of killing myself I decided to take the day off, get some sunshine, write some blogs for you lovely people and enjoy a relaxing day followed by a date-night with my hubby. HOW PERFECT.

I used to love working myself to death, it made me feel so empowered. But since my long vacation, I'm over it. I'm even ready to start my career job- finally. I still have a year and a half left until I graduate but I've never felt more excited to work a Monday-Friday job and have down-time each weekend to spend with my loves (hubby, puppy & kitten). I can't even imagine having 8 days off a month, how lovely! 

Life is so beautiful. It's time I learn to start loving life, living life and breathing laughs.

It's well overdue.

I'm so grateful to be able to change my life whenever I so choose. Perhaps if you find yourself in the same boat, you too will find the words you need to help you start loving life.

Xoxo,
      B!


No comments:

Post a Comment